Monday 23 June 2008

Untitled- The beginning to no end

I always thought a girl hitting on me would be the ultimate compliment. Now, standing in the bathroom and rebuffing the advances of a particularly mannish girl, i wasnt so sure. At first i thought i must be imagining it. The apprieciative once over (more like three times over)..i put it down as a girl checking out my outfit. No big deal. Now she was standing next to me whispering suggestive things in my ear. The bathroom is too small to move. I'm trying to ignore her. I can't leave. I can't leave because he's out there. I sigh. My throat hurts and i want to cry. I don't have enough strength to stop breathing in my ear, so i whisper a silent prayer that she leaves.

Sule. the name slipped into my mind and continued to repeat itself. Sule, Sule, Sule. I shook my head. Mannish girl took that as her cue to leave. i sighed a breath of relief. Sule. I remembered when i hated his name. The first time we were introduced, i sneered. It was one of those names i turned my nose down at, ranking with 'Shakirat'. I was cocooned in my British education, I loved to apprieciate all things Nigerian from a distance. He looked at me with disdain and i felt like he could see right through me. He made me feel ashamed. That day i knew that he would have me. He knew that after one glance, he controlled 'next'. I start to cry and i feel relief.

I cant go back out because he's here with his new girlfriend. He hasnt seen me. I know i look good. I havent risked going out once without looking my best since the incident. But im alone. I cant stand him pitying me. I dont know what to do. I reapply my lipstick and walk out of the bathroom.

7 comments:

Chari said...

1st!!!!!

Yeehehehehehe!!!

*does the yahoozee with a two step*

bet u aint seen that b4...

Come, when was this? and I dont get the sule part sef...u don lost me o...revise the post boo!

Chari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Ogunlowo said...

Good writer, I'm lovin' it here.

Buttercup said...

awww...i thank God i havent been in that situation before, u seein ur ex with his present, i mean..it must really suck...soooooooo, what happened when u walked out??

tankojjetty said...

Thanks for dropping in...
u dont have email so i'm sorry i have to write here...

thanks for sharing your thoughts

i have a section called "conversations with a babe"
and with your vast experience in love,life,dating and relationships...you'll do
i would like you to contribute in it...
you could check samples on my blog
tell me what you think

Anonymous said...

A lesbo..eww! I have never come across one before, thank God!

About Sule, I dont really understand the story.

Hope you are okay.

Buttercup said...

babe, where u @???