Monday 24 March 2008

Compartmentalisation

I've always wondered how people can compartmentalize. Before i go into this obvious rant..perhaps i should explain what i mean. Compartmentalisation has to do with putting stuff that you do in separate compartments in your head. that is, for example..you cheat on someone but feel no guilt because to you..it's a totally different thing. This might seem slightly psycotic..like think of murderers that have families and all. To them the murder has absolutely nothing to do with being a father..etc.

But it's not my place to pick murderers minds..i want to pick cheaters minds. So how do people do it? The excuse i most hate is 'it's just sex'..what does that even mean?? How can sex with someone else be just sex? off course it's just not sex..just like it's just not a kiss..what it is is just cheating. How are people so blase? I've been the cheatee (guy that girl cheated with)..and i still don't understand it. In my defence..i didn't know. Great were his powers of compartmentalization!! If anyone knows how..please tell me how?? Because quite frankly i'm baffled.

1 comment:

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

so I went out with my friend this weekend and she ended up making out with a guy who's not her boyfriend. She said she doesnt feel guilty because:
a)She needed to know how strong her feelings for her boyfriend are
b)She needed to know how bad she would feel so she doesnt do it again
c) She needed to just get it out of her system so she doesnt do it again
~Those were her reasons. I dont really get it either, but oh well! Thanks for stopping by my blog btw..Il be back:-)