Friday 28 March 2008

The joy of break-ups

Why do we always look as break-ups as a disadvantage. I personally choose to see the glass half full and see breakups as an advantage. Let me tell you why.

1. The weight loss-well to be fair, it might get to the stage where you start looking like a lollipop (almost quite scary)..but ultimately for people like me who find it hard to lose any amount of weight at any given time, this is a HUGE advantage. the weight just falls off!!

2. The productivity-to stop yourself from sinking into the deep abyss called depression you find activities to do. After my last brek-up, i started writing my first book. In the weeks after the breakup, i wrote furiously..people read the first chapter and begged to see more..As i gradually got over the break=up..the words got fewer and the chapters dried up. Today, am i finished? NO..lol

3. The attention- like moths to a flame, humans are drawn to sadness. When you experience a break-up, people are around you. Off course it's irritating at first, but gradually you come to accept it with as much graciousness as the queen.

4. The attention (part 2)- why is it that you suddenly become hotter after a break-up. People are suddenly all over you. There are rebound possibilities left right and centre..*sigh*

5. The kindness- Because people are scared that you might be broken (and you very well might be)..they become so nice to you...i do't know..what do they think you are going to do? kill yourself?

*disclaimer* this is strictly for jokes and is not meant to be offensive to anyone that may currently be broken hearted.

4 comments:

Lily said...

Fantastic post!!!! This is so true. I couldn’t help laughing as every aspect you touched rings true. It made me remember when I went through that. Laughing now as I go through your post. Certainly true girl.

archiwiz said...

LOL!!! I agree with #1 & #2. Being a very private person I've preferred to keep to myself when its happened in the past.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I like your blog!!

Chari said...

am so with u on the whole book writing thing...I started ma first book too with a break up and I havent finished either! lol

wow mayn this girl u no dey alryt...am adding u to ma blogroll o!